ABOUT PARK AT WELLSPOINT?
WHAT IS THE HOME OF TEXAS?
HOME of Texas is one of the nation’s oldest and largest providers of written insured new home warranties, providing homeowners with a strong foundation of security for their home.
- HOME of Texas has been in new home warranty business for 35+ years and, together with national affiliate Residential Warranty Company, LLC (RWC), has issued warranties on over 3 million homes. More importantly, HOME of Texas and RWC have managed the dispute resolution process between homeowners and builders on thousands of homes over the years.
- Home warranties issues by HOME of Texas are insured by a Texas licensed property and casualty insurance company.
The HOME of Texas 10 Year Limited Warranty on your home identifies what is warranted, what is excluded and the duration of the Warranty.
- In the first year, the Warranty applies generally to workmanship and materials.
- In the first two years, portions of the major systems in your home are warranted. These systems include wiring, ductwork and pipes.
- For all 10 years, the Warranty includes protection on warranted structural elements in your home, as defined in your Warranty book. The Warranty identifies which parts of a home are warranted, and the criteria for establishing a structural defect.
- Your Warranty book spells out who is responsible for warranted repairs, defines basic terms that are important for you to know, and describes the process you will use if you think you have a warranted issue in your home.
- Note that the Warranty is “limited” which means you are responsible for maintaining your home, from changing light bulbs to maintaining proper drainage patterns. Areas which are not part of the primary residence, such as driveways, are excluded from your Warranty and some products come with a manufacturer’s warranty.
WHAT’S THE VALUE TO YOU,
- Resale Value– Your home is warranted for 10 years as shown on the front cover of your Warranty book. If you sell your home during that term, the balance of the warranty transfers automatically to the next buyer. That transferable home warranty is an excellent marketing tool when you offer your home for sale to prospective buyers.
- Protection– When Masonwood chose HOME of Texas as our warranty provider, we made the decision to provide you with a written and insured commitment that your home will be free from specified defects. Your HOME of Texas warranty is independently written and administered and remains in place for 10 years for peace of mind.
- Expert Second Opinion– Even with a written warranty, misunderstandings can arise. If there is a disagreement on possible defects, the limited warranty serves as a “measuring stick” for evaluating the issues. Your HOME of Texas warranty provides the benefit of third-party assistance with home warranty issues. Details on how to mediate the issue and determine coverage through HOME of Texas is included in your warranty book.
WHAT DOES PARK AT WELLSPOINT’S
MEMBERSHIP WITH HOME MEAN TO YOU?
HOME of Texas does not have an open-door policy when it comes to Membership. Not every Builder is able to attain Membership with them the way Masonwood has done.
- Potential Members are examined for financial stability, customer satisfaction and technical competence.
- As a Home of Texas Builder, Masonwood agrees to comply with the Home of Texas construction standards.
- This is our assurance to you that Masonwood is committed to standing behind our homes and providing you with peace of mind long after the sale.
For more information ask your Sales Professional or visit HOME of Texas